I made my first Xerte learning object in advance of the first meeting out the Making Digital History project team earlier this week. It proved relatively easy to set up and then play around with the Xerte tool, although there were some problems with inserting and displaying images and the exact layout of some slides. Overall, I was pleased with my first go! Here’s a link to the learning object I made (on the Roman Emperor Constantine):
Having showed it to the team the consensus was that it’s not going to be beyond our students (or ourselves) to make Xerte learning objects in modules, although they will need careful support. We’re all going to have a go at making some more Xerte objects, which we will upload over the next few weeks.